It’s Halloween season, the time of year when we watch all of those super scary movies that guarantee we sleep with the light on til Christmas. But not all horror flicks have blood and guts. Some of them are right there in the kid’s section next to the Yo Gabba Gabba DVDs! Yes, the most terrifying things we have ever seen have come directly from movies we saw as little kids. No matter how many decades go by, we will never be ready for these G-rated terrors!
We’re older now and more mature, and finally able to come out from under our blankeys and stand up for ourselves. So now we’d like to say what we’ve been meaning to say to the makers of these films for years: What the f–, you guys!? We were kids for god’s sake, and we trusted you to make light and entertaining movies for us. What the hell we you doing tricking us into watching this stuff!? Jerks. Check out these 12 scariest kid’s movie scenes of all time. Come on, do it. It’s all part of the healing process.
12. Willy Wonka Takes A (Boat) Trip
11. Dead Woodland Creatures In Once Upon A Forest
It’s never to early to learn that people suck! This is the first appearance of a “humans destroy idyllic nature paradise” movie on this list, but this one’s a doozy. It actually shows the very cute and very dead woodland creatures that were gassed by man. Too real, you guys.
10. The Rat In The Baby’s Room From Lady And The Tramp
”Can’t sleep, the rats will get me…”
9. The Child Catcher In Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
This photo explains everything.
8. Bruce Bogtrotter Takes The Cake In Matilda
7. Judge Doom Gets The Dip In Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. E.T. – All Of It
Steven Spielberg somehow managed to con millions of movie-goers into thinking that this was cute back in 1982. We’re still wondering how he managed to do that.
5. Little Nemo Has A Nightmare
And don’t even get us started on this freak.
4. Pinocchio Acts Like A Jackass
3. The Clown From The Brave Little Toaster
From the vacuum cleaner trying to off himself by sucking up his own cord, to that electronics store creep, pretty much all of The Brave Little Toaster is not very kid friendly. But this nightmare scene has haunted our dreams ever since.
2. Hexxus The Destroyer Of Fern Gully
1. Artax The Horse Drowns In The Neverending Story