Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon 2011Experience

Last Sunday, woke up early to hit the road for my first Condura Skyway Marathon: A Run for the Dolphins.
I and my friends joined the 10K category. I have to be absolutely truth­ful, I don’t, for one sec­ond con­sider myself a run­ner of more than 500 meters. How­ever I gave myself a goal and I was going to accom­plish that and  I'm proud to say that  I did it! Ooh Yeah:)

At the start of the race, a 10-minute group warm up were executed amongst all participant. We had jumping jacks and stretching exercises to prevent cramps and maintain our stamina  Here are some pictures I've taken (while running of course) during the Condura event.

Happy Feet

Bhoy Runners Runner was there!

 
Ready..Set..Go!

Passed by this Coffee Shop with an interesting name while running

The view from Skyway
I heart this picture:)

Breaking Dawn

the only way to get bet­ter at some­thing is to do it all the time;)
To become a bet­ter runner is to just go out there and expe­ri­ence run­ning
Condura runners
excuse me :P
a view to a kill

one sexy runner
almost there..
Strike a pose
FTW!     

presenting the condura cheerios
Finish Line!!
Congrats finishers :)

What I took away from this experience is that I have to give run­ners a lot more credit than what I have given them in the past. It's easy to push your­self when you are with a team of peo­ple. I also learned how to pace myself, breath prop­erly, and put myself in a bet­ter mindset.  Over­all, It was truly a per­sonal accom­plish­ment and an inter­est­ing expe­ri­ence. Looking forward for my next race:)

2 comments: