Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quinta Market's hidden treasure

If you happen to pass by Jones Bridge in Quiapo, Manila, do stop by and explore the "ilalim ng tulay". Looks creepy? Don't fret. Just a reminder: DO NOT wear and bring anything valuable. Basta DON'T. DO NOT ask why. I warned you dear. haha.


Oh well, enough of the intro. There you'll find Quinta Market, where you'll see and experience vendors boisterously peddling fish, meat, vegetables, fruits and other foodstuffs.There are also interesting souvenir shops there selling Philippine-made products, from cribs, hammocks, “banig” mats, gift boxes to capiz lamps.Here, one finds items from furnishings to clothes.. 

Well, I have my own discoveries you know ;)
Since I was a little girl, which was like a gazillion years ago. I, with my mom and brother, would go and eat palabok and halohalo at Quinta market after hearing the mass at Quiapo church. Sorry Razon's pero nauna ko tong minahal :P For just P25, truly mabubusog ka na.  I enjoy eating palabok with that green puto and pambansang softdrink ng mga squammy: ang RC cola. Sadly, the last time I went there.. di available ang halo halo :( di bale, neks time.



Basta I make sure that every time,  after my "holy moment" in Quiapo church (wag na sanang isiping nagcheck out din ako ng pirated dvds hehe) I still eat my favorite merienda at Quinta market (highly recommended: Pastora's).

How to get there: Quiapo Church and Quinta market is walking distance from LRT Carriedo Station. All jeepneys with Quiapo signboard will take you to the church and market (after some walking).




4 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with checking out DVDs. that's a very squammy thing to do. i'm proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. got to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best replica ysl bags image source w9v72d8m40 replica bags uk Find Out More j7d59x6i98 high replica bags replica bags china free shipping g5f86g1w47 click this link now n0g14z4x55 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags in london f5c91u4q73

    ReplyDelete