Sunday, April 8, 2012

James Cameron Changes One Shor in Titanic 3D, pisses off Star Wars fans


James Cameron recently admitted in an interview that he couldn’t resist changing one specific shot in Titanic for his Titanic 3-D re-release: Remember the scene when Rose is on the driftwood looking up at the stars? Apparently Cameron messed up the star pattern for that time of year and corrected it in the new version:
Cameron tells British magazine Culture, “Oh, there is one shot that I fixed. It’s because Neil deGrasse Tyson, who is one of the U.S.’ leading astronomers, sent me quite a snarky email saying that, at that time of year, in that position in the Atlantic in 1912, when Rose is lying on the piece of driftwood and staring up at the stars, that is not the star field she would have seen, and with my reputation as a perfectionist, I should have known that and I should have put the right star field in.
“So I said, ‘All right, you son of a b**ch, send me the right stars for the exact time, 4.20am on April 15, 1912, and I’ll put it in the movie.’ So that’s the one shot that has been changed.”
WHATTTTTT???? How DARE he change a frame of the original Titanic? I don’t care HOW minor it was, that was your completed film, Cameron, it belongs to the public now, and you DON’T GET DO-OVERS.

WHO’S WITH ME??? ROSE SHOT FIRST! ROSE SHOT FIRST! ROSE SHOT FIRST!

No comments:

Post a Comment