Monday, August 22, 2011

WOMB RAIDER: Ryan Gosling Sings

The information I am about to share with some of you might not be news. But it is news to me. And so, I am writing about it, in the hopes that I am not the last person on the planet to see this.

Ryan Gosling is in a band. It’s called Dead Man’s Bones. He performs under the alias Baby Goose.
Now his first album came out in 2009, meaning I’m woefully two years behind on this news. Then I thought, wait. If I hadn’t heard of this band, there must be thousands of other people out there living their life in the dark about the fact that Ryan Gosling’s singing voice sounds like liquidy chocolate velvet being stirred by the ghost of Paul Robeson

Dead Man’s Bones is made up of Gosling and his pal Zach Shields. They’re a couple of guys obsessed with ghosts (seriously) who decided to make a band where they sing love songs about ghosts. *ROMANCE* They play all the instruments on the album, and for their first effort, they were accompanied by the Silverlake Conservatory Children’s Choir. Yes, that’s the children’s choir started by FLEA. You will recognize them in this music video as the “coolest kids you will ever lay eyes on.” No, really, they’re like hipster spawn sent back from the future to sound like little back-up angels.

Long story short: What else is there to say? Clutch the closest thing to you that looks like a baby goose (I grabbed this), clutch it to your bosom and enjoy…

No comments:

Post a Comment