Monday, August 1, 2011

The New Yoga Trend I'm a Little Stumped By

I'm all for new fitness trends, and I love mixing things up. But this new spin on yoga? Well, I'm not sure I could get into it. You? 



I love yoga, but floating yoga? Not so much. Here's how Yahoo Shine described the new trend: "Essentially the concept involves practicing downward facing dog and other yoga poses on an over-sized surfboard floating over water (instead of a yoga mat in a safe, dry, stationary studio). The classes are actually gaining popularity in Hawaii, California, Florida, and Washington. That may be because some yoga instructors believe paddle board yoga is more of a workout than regular yoga--the platform is unstable and you have to use your core and muscles to keep from falling off the board into the water. It's only a matter of time before they are offered at a studio or surf shop near you."

No comments:

Post a Comment