Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The 10 Most Underrated Beauty Habits

most-underrated-beauty-habits
1. Applying plain-old coconut oil as body lotion.  Apply generously all over and then just pat dry. You can reapply to very dry areas and even put socks on after applying to heels and feet.

2. Exfoliating regularly and thoroughly. Exfoliating is key, otherwise you are putting creams and lotion on dead skin and it cant do its job.

3. Exfoliating your lips too.

4. Using humble, cheapie petroleum jelly. 

5. Braiding your hair before bed for easy waves.

6. Keeping your feet to the grindstone. You have to pumice your feet like daily. Sandals and crusty feet are never cute. 

7. Fighting frizz with an old tee. Drying your hair with a T-shirt versus a towel helps lessen frizz and define curls.

8. Indulging in lavender-laced beauty sleep. Bath & Body Works has a great-smelling lavender vanilla aromatherapy lotion called Sleep. 

9. Practically swimming in body lotion daily.

10. Chilling the heck out. I think taking 20 minutes for yourself each day is the most underrated one. I have to make myself do this and when I skip it I eat more and feel not so focused. I'm trying to fit it in, but with a new puppy and a job with longer hours, it's so tough! The best is taking that 20 minutes with my awesome new headphones! Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment