You know what's especially cool about Lauren Conrad's "Get Fit Quick" plan? It's actually really sensible and doable, which--let's face it--can't be said of every star's method of dropping a few LBs.
And if you're still plugging away on your New Year's fitness goals but feeling like you might need an extra push, or maybe just something a little different in order to shake up your routine a bit, this could possibly do the trick.
Lauren breaks things down into categories, starting with some ground rules, such as:
- Stay focused and remind yourself daily of why you want to get fit and healthy! Flex that willpower.
- Drink lots of water. Aim to drink an ounce for every pound you weigh.
- As soon as you wake up, have some lemon water. Try to do this at least 3 times a week. (If you do it every single day, it can make your teeth a bit sensitive.)
She has a list of foods to avoid--candy, baked goods, soda, white bread, fried foods--and also some recipes that are seriously things you might want to eat anyway (like watermelon-feta salad, and overnight oats). I think the exercise options are within reason, too, like these:
- Run for 30 minutes or powerwalk for 1-hour
- Alternate walking and sprinting for 60 seconds for 20 minutes
- 1 hour of yoga, kickboxing, Pilates, hiking, or spin
...and she also shares some customized workouts--like the "Calorie Blast"--from her trainer, which you can do at home.