Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The (Weird) Tea That Angelina Jolie Reportedly Drinks to Slim Down


I thought I'd heard it all when it came to celebrity diet and weight loss trends. Um, no. Over the weekend, while at the salon, I read this little tidbit about Angelina Jolie...

 According to a weekly magazine, which detailed the post-baby weight loss strategies of a long list of celebs--from J Lo to Kate Hudson (who's pregnant again! And drinking?)--Angelina Jolie resorted to hardcore exercise and ... garlic tea to shed her baby weight. That's when I sat up straighter in my chair. Garlic tea?
Since I can find no "garlic tea" product on the market, Angie presumably brewed the tea herself by steeping fresh sliced garlic in steaming hot water--yeah, not very appetizing, eh?). I wonder if Brad minded her bad breath?
I researched this, and while garlic has been linked with plenty of health benefits--namely infection protection--I found zero scientific evidence linking garlic with weight loss or appetite control. But, heck, who am I to say it didn't work for her? One thing I have learned over the years is that if you find a healthy, low-cal food or beverage that you enjoy and keeps you from overeating, great. Go for it!
Source: glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment